Sewage services for commercial and local authority
When it comes to working in the sewers, you need a highly skilled, trained and well equipped team. Allbrite always utilise a 3-man-team for sewer work and this team is made up of highly trained professionals who confidently work and operate in enclosed spaces. Whether you need sewers relining, patched or unblocked, look no further. We are certified and aligned fully with the latest industry regulations. We are based in Lisburn and work throughout Belfast and Northern Ireland.
Specialist umbilical cord breathing apparatus units
Allbrite operates a specialist umbilical cord breathing apparatus unit to support our confined space entry and cleaning operations. They are used typically for storm tank cleaning, digester cleaning, deep wet well cleaning and in many man-entry trunk sewers.
- The units comprise a self-contained, fully mobile triple filtered air system which is designed to deliver breathing quality compressed air to operatives wearing respiratory equipment when working in hazardous atmospheres.
- Our units generate an air supply reserve of three 9 litre cylinders from rotary screw compressors with fully automatic back-up systems
- In addition to in-house projects we can also provide customers with field teams and facilities for their individual requirements.
Sewer & culvert traverse
Although quite rare thanks to the vast improvement in CCTV inspection technology over recent years, there are still inspection situations where the traverse of a large sewer, culvert or tunnel is the only suitable option to gain relevant data on the condition of the structure. There are times when there is no substitution for probing and touching a structure to assess its structural integrity, that's when our clients call upon our specialist sewer traverse teams.
Confined space entry regulations quite clearly state that persons shall not be put at risk by entering a small space where a safer alternative exists. In the case of large sewers, tunnels, culverts or where access points are a great distance apart, inspection by CCTV methods just isn't an option and the only alternative (assuming not undertaking the inspection isn't an option) is to introduce a traverse team into the sewer to carry out the survey.
Because of the inherent dangers involved in this process, our teams are hand picked due to their extensive experience in traversing sewers, this is not an environment for the faint of heart.
Strict operational procedures are followed, backed by job specific method statements and risk assessments. If it is deemed that a separate emergency rescue capability is required, Allbrite have our own confined spaces rescue service which is second to none.
- Experienced man entry sewer traverse teams
- Specialist equipment incl. ATEX communication eqpt., re-breathers, full working BA
- Structural and service condition reports to international sewer defect coding standards
- Job specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments produced
- Own rescue team for high risk confined spaces entrys
- Typically, minimum sewer diameter would be 1200mm to a maximum limited only by the capability of the surveying equipment
Get in touch with us about sewage inspections today on
028 97 511381
Lisburn, we cover through
Northern Ireland including